We're Recommended

We're proud of how we help our visitors and customers find the credit they need.
Check our reviews today and read what our customers think of us.


We've been trusted by thousands of customers for mortgages since 2013.

100% Recommend

The Independent review organisation Reviews.co.uk report that 100% of reviewers recommend Lending Expert

Lending Experts

We’re mortgage experts. This means we know our stuff when it comes to all types of mortgages. We know where the best rates are and have access to exclusive deals just for Lending Expert customers.

Huge Market Comparison

We’re not tied to one lender which means we can search the wider market to find you the cheapest mortgages from across the UK.

Authorised & Regulated

Lending Expert is an FCA regulated credit broker which means you can be assured you are dealing with a legitimate and reputable finance company.

Flexible Lending

If you have bad credit or have previously been refused a mortgage we can consider your application. Whatever your circumstances please get in touch and we'll do our best to help find you the perfect mortgage deal.

Start Your 70% LTV Mortgage Application Today With Lending Expert!

A 70% Loan to Value (LTV) Mortgage means that you will be borrowing 70% of your home’s value whilst the other 30% you will need to provide as a deposit.

Providing a 30% deposit will broaden the range of mortgages available. However, a 30% deposit is not within budget for all those looking to buy, and it may take time to save up for such an amount. However, 70% mortgages, if affordable, could be a great option for first-time buyers, remortgages or even those looking to buy a second property or investment property.

Typically, a higher deposit gives you lower interest rates meaning that in the long-term, your mortgage is far more affordable. A 70% LTV mortgage is at the lower-mid end of LTV values. Lending Expert can help you explore a range of different mortgages ranging through 65%, 70% and 75%.

Before taking out a 70% mortgage, it is important to discuss your objectives with your mortgage advisor to ensure that the chosen mortgage meets your requirements.

Lending Expert is a mortgage broker and can compare over 1,000 70% mortgage deals across the UK. Whilst high street banks will typically offer 70% mortgages too, we can help find the best option for you, with rates from 1.39% per month, whether you are looking for interest only, fixed, variable, tracker or have a bad credit history.

Start by clicking on ‘Check my Eligibility’ below and enter some basic details about you and your property, and Lending Expert will help you find the best 70% mortgage according to your requirements.


Key Features of a 70% LTV Mortgage

  • Rates from 1.39% per month.
  • Borrow up to £2 million.
  • Loan Term – 1 to 25 years or upon request.
  • Interest only, fixed, tracker mortgages available.
  • Free tool to compare no deposit mortgages.


Can I Get a 70% LTV Mortgage?

You are eligible for a 70% mortgage if you are able to put down a deposit of 30% of the property value.

Larger deposits will usually result in paying lower rates overall, since you have paid off and own more of the property. Putting down a higher deposit may also be a requirement for those individuals with limited financial records or weaker credit ratings.

Additional eligibility criteria for a 70% LTV mortgage can include:

  • Aged 25 to 85 years’ old.
  • Minimum income of £25,000 per year.
  • Minimum deposit 25% of overall property value.
  • Good credit status.
  • Strong financial record (limited defaults, arrears).


How Do 70% Mortgages Work?

Getting a 70% mortgage means that you will borrow 70% of your property’s value from your lender and the other 30% you will give as a deposit.

You will also be able to get a 70% mortgage if you already have 30% equity in your property.

The deals for a 70% mortgage tend to be better as you have to borrow less money meaning interest rates can be lower. Use Lending Expert as your mortgage broker to find the best deal for your circumstances.


How Do I Compare 70% Mortgage Rates?

Working with a mortgage broker such as Lending Expert will help you find the best mortgage to suit your circumstances, without impacting your credit rating.

Contact us today to speak to an expert and start comparing 70% LTV mortgages!


What Are the Benefits of Getting a 70% LTV Mortgage?

There are many benefits to getting a 70% LTV mortgage instead of a higher percentage mortgage. These benefits include:

  • Lower Total Cost – One of the key benefits of putting down a high deposit are the low interest rates that you will receive over the duration of the loan term.
  • More Competitive Options – When putting down a higher deposit, you open up your options of the type of mortgage you are able to take out, meaning that you can explore the best deal and most suitable loan terms for your needs.
  • Less Risk for Lenders – Those taking out a 70% LTV are deemed to be lower risk for lenders meaning that the lending criteria is typically less strict and there is more flexibility for the types of loans available.



What Type of Mortgage Can I Have With a 70% LTV?

As 70% mortgages involve a higher initial deposit, this opens up the types of mortgages available to you.

You will most likely be choosing from a number of mortgage types including:

  • Buy To Let Mortgages.
  • Fixed Rate Mortgages.


Do I Need Good Credit To Get a 70% Mortgage?

Typically, to be able to afford a 30% deposit, it would follow that you already have a good credit rating. However, Lending Expert can help you find out your options in the case that you have bad credit or a lower credit score.

Using Lending Expert as your mortgage broker will allow you to get the best deal for your financial circumstances, whether that be a 70% mortgage or otherwise!


How Can I Improve My Chances of Getting a 70% Mortgage?

There are a few simple factors that can help improve your chances of getting a mortgage if you are using the 70% scheme:

  • Check Your Credit Score – A good credit score will automatically help you with lenders. There are ways to improve your credit score such as ensuring any existing bills are paid off.
  • Spend Carefully – Be very careful of your outgoing payments as lenders will be closely checking your expenditure. Fluctuating income and spending sprees will work against you in the eyes of a lender.
  • Save Up For a Deposit – For a 70%, you will need to put forward a 30% deposit which can take some time to save for. Saving for a larger deposit in the short-term, will boost your chances of being approved for a 70% mortgage and save you money in the long run.
  • Speak To The Experts – Here at Lending Expert we will provide the best quality service, taking the time to understand each individual’s circumstances. Speak to us today and get started on your 70% mortgage journey.


What Areas of the UK Does Lending Expert Cover as a 70% Mortgage Broker?

We proudly offer 70% mortgages across the entire UK, including Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Newcastle, Sheffield and more.


How Can Lending Expert Help Find You a 70% Mortgage?

Working with a number of high street banks and specialist mortgage lenders, Lending Expert has access to over 1,000 mortgage deals available. We’re in the perfect position to help you find the best rates and get approved,

Our eligibility checker is completely free to use and can provide an indicative quote, with no obligation.

Founded in 2013, we have years of experience working in the secured loan and mortgage market and have helped thousands of customers to date. Our values have always been to find the right product for the right individual at the competitive rate. We are pleased to offer our services for you today!

Compare 70% LTV mortgage rates and get the best deals today from Lending Expert.

Related Links

Compare Mortgages

Compare mortgages across the market with our expert advisors.

95% Mortgages

Get a mortgage with just a 5% deposit. Compare and get expert advisors online today.

90% Mortgages

Mortgages that require a 10% deposit at 90% loan to value. Expert mortgage comparison service and advice.

85% Mortgages

Compare mortgage rates at 85% LTV. Get expert advice from our no fees brokers.

80% Mortgages

Compare rates from 80% mortgages that require a 20% deposit. Get expert advice from our no fees brokers.

75% Mortgages

Search and compare mortgage rates from across the market.

70% Mortgages

Get expert mortgage advice and comparison service from our approved mortgage advisors.