We're Recommended

We're proud of how we help our visitors and customers find the credit they need.
Check our reviews today and read what our customers think of us.


We've been trusted by thousands of customers for mortgages since 2013.

100% Recommend

The Independent review organisation Reviews.co.uk report that 100% of reviewers recommend Lending Expert

Lending Experts

We’re mortgage experts. This means we know our stuff when it comes to all types of mortgages. We know where the best rates are and have access to exclusive deals just for Lending Expert customers.

Huge Market Comparison

We’re not tied to one lender which means we can search the wider market to find you the cheapest mortgages from across the UK.

Authorised & Regulated

Lending Expert is an FCA regulated credit broker which means you can be assured you are dealing with a legitimate and reputable finance company.

Flexible Lending

If you have bad credit or have previously been refused a mortgage we can consider your application. Whatever your circumstances please get in touch and we'll do our best to help find you the perfect mortgage deal.

Start Your 85% LTV Mortgage Application Today With Lending Expert!

An 85% Loan to Value (LTV) Mortgage means that you will be borrowing 85% of your home’s value for your mortgage. The other 15% of the property’s value you would need to provide as a deposit.

Being able to raise a 15% deposit will mean that there are lenders and mortgage products to choose from that offer better rates when compared to 95% and 90% mortgage deals.

It may take longer to save for a 15% deposit than a 10% deposit but your interest rates will be noticeably lower and more deals will be offered to you. Use Lending Expert to find the best deal for an 85% mortgage.

While 85% LTV mortgages do have their benefits, there will not be as many, or as good, deals available to you as if you could afford a bigger deposit such as an 80%, 75% or 70% mortgage.

Before taking out an 85% mortgage, make sure to share the objectives with your mortgage advisor so that you can ensure the mortgage suitably meets your requirements.

As a mortgage broker, Lending Expert can compare over 1,000 85% mortgage deals across the UK. Whilst high street banks will typically offer 85% mortgages too, we can help find the best option for you, with rates from 1.39% per month, whether you are looking for interest only, fixed, variable, tracker or have a bad credit history.

Start by clicking on ‘Check my Eligibility’ below and enter some basic details about you and your property, and Lending Expert will help you find the best 85% mortgage according to your requirements.


Key Features

  • Rates from 1.39% per month.
  • Borrow up to £2 million.
  • Loan Term – 1 to 25 years or upon request.
  • Interest only, fixed, tracker mortgages available.
  • Free tool to compare 85% mortgages.


Am I Eligible for an 85% LTV Mortgage?

  • Aged 25 to 85 years’ old.
  • Minimum income of £25,000 per year.
  • Deposit 15% of overall property value.
  • Good credit status.
  • Strong financial record (limited defaults, arrears).

The deposit required for an 85% mortgage is 15% of the property value.

Larger deposits will usually result in paying lower rates overall, since you have paid off and own more of the property. Putting down a higher deposit may also be a requirement for those individuals with limited financial records or weaker credit ratings.



How Do 85% Mortgages Work?

Getting an 85% mortgage means that you will borrow 85% of your property’s value from your lender and the other 15% you will give as a deposit.

You will also be able to get an 85% mortgage if you already have 15% equity in your property.

The deals for an 85% mortgage tend to be better as you have to borrow less money meaning interest rates can be lower. Use Lending Expert as your mortgage broker to find the best deal for your circumstances.


How Do I Compare 80% Mortgage Rates?

Working with a mortgage broker such as Lending Expert will help you find the best mortgage to suit your circumstances, without impacting your credit rating.

Contact us today to speak to an expert and start comparing 85% LTV mortgages.


What Areas of the UK Does Lending Expert Cover as an 85% Mortgage Broker?

We proudly offer 85% mortgages across the entire UK, including Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Newcastle, Sheffield and more.


What Happens if I Do Not Keep Up With Repayments on My 85% Mortgage?

Your 85% mortgage is secured against the property meaning that any late repayments will lead to a damaged credit score, late penalties and maybe even risk of property repossession from the bank or lender.

For that reason, it is imperative to assess the affordability of your mortgage before going through with it.


Can I Get an 85% Mortgage if I Have Bad Credit or a Low Credit Score?

If you have a history of bad credit, missed payments or you know you have a low credit score then the best advice would be to speak to Lending Expert, a mortgage expert.

We have a detailed understanding of the lenders who are willing to lend to those with not so perfect credit scores, and can find the best 85% mortgage deal for you.


How Can I Improve My Chances of Getting an 85% Mortgage?

There are a few simple factors that can help improve your chances of getting a mortgage if you are using the 85% scheme:

  • Spend Wisely – Lenders will check your expenditure. If you have a fluctuating income and lots of spending, lenders will be deterred from allowing you to borrow.
  • Improve Your Credit Score – Having a good credit score is always an effective way to get into a lender’s good books. Paying off any outstanding bills is a good start.
  • Save For A Deposit – A 15% deposit for an 85% mortgage can sometimes amount to a lot of money, saving for a deposit may take some time. Saving for a larger deposit can dramatically increase your chances of being accepted.
  • Speak To The Experts – Here at Lending Expert we will provide the best quality service, taking the time to understand each individual’s circumstances. Speak to us today and get started on your 85% mortgage journey.


What Type of Mortgage Can I Have With an 85% Mortgage?

As you are giving a larger deposit with an 85% mortgage then there are more types of mortgages available to you.

You will most likely be choosing from a number of mortgage types including:


Why Use Lending Expert As Your 85% Mortgage Broker?

Working with a number of high street banks and specialist mortgage lenders, Lending Expert has access to over 1,000 85% mortgage deals available. We’re in the perfect position to help you find the best rates and get approved,

Our eligibility checker is completely free to use and can provide an indicative quote, with no obligation.

Founded in 2013, we have years of experience working in the secured loan and mortgage market and have helped thousands of customers to date. Our values have always been to find the right product for the right individual at the competitive rate. We are pleased to offer our services for you today!

Compare 85% mortgages and get the best deals today with Lending Expert.

Related Links

Compare Mortgages

Compare mortgages across the market with our expert advisors.

95% Mortgages

Get a mortgage with just a 5% deposit. Compare and get expert advisors online today.

90% Mortgages

Mortgages that require a 10% deposit at 90% loan to value. Expert mortgage comparison service and advice.

85% Mortgages

Compare mortgage rates at 85% LTV. Get expert advice from our no fees brokers.

80% Mortgages

Compare rates from 80% mortgages that require a 20% deposit. Get expert advice from our no fees brokers.

75% Mortgages

Search and compare mortgage rates from across the market.

70% Mortgages

Get expert mortgage advice and comparison service from our approved mortgage advisors.