Jason Bailey

Expertly compared by Jason Bailey

Products Updated October 18, 2021

 

80% Mortgages

Use the mortgage comparison tools to find and compare the cheapest 80% LTV mortgage deals on the market that require a 20% deposit. We compare all mortgages including residential and 80% buy to let products from across a wide range of lenders within the market place.

 

Free mortgage advice and brokerage service. Our experts can find you the perfect deal from thousands of products & exclusive deals:

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

Results:1 providers expertly compared:

Lending Expert

Why?

This provider is our Expert’s Choice in its category as it won tops marks for the following.

  • TRUST
  • VALUE
  • EXPERTISE & KNOWLEDGE
  • CUSTOMER SERVICE

Learn more about how we review and assess the providers here on Lending Expert.

LTV
60% - 100%

Initial Rate
1.19% - 4.32%

Standard Rate (SVR)
3.94% - 4.79%

APRC
3.6%

Type
Variable & 3 ,5 & 10 Fixed Rate

Rated 4.9/ 5

All credit types

The mortgage experts at First Choice Finance can quickly assess your requirements and search the market place to find you the perfect mortgage deal. Click get a quote to make an enquiry today.

Read our customer and visitor reviews for this product:

Rating: 4 / 5 with 2 votes

Simple application process

by K Wheeler

Simple application process - broker was kind and offered advice.

Quick search

by James Hilton

This is a quick mortgage search facility and shows many lenders across the market. Impressed with the level of detail on each product.

Start Your 80% LTV Mortgage Application Today With Lending Expert!

An 80% Loan to Value (LTV) Mortgage means that you will be borrowing 80% of your home’s value for your mortgage. The other 20% of the property’s value you would need to provide as a deposit. 

An 80% mortgage has many benefits. Giving a 20% deposit allows you to choose from a wider variety of mortgage offers. 

Moreover, although it may take some time to save for a 20% deposit it is not out of reach for first-time buyers, remortgages or home-movers.

You will also pay lower interest than with higher percentage LTV mortgages. Despite these benefits it is important to note that, depending on where you are buying, it could take you a long time to save for a 20% deposit. Also, a higher deposit gives you lower interest rates and gives you a better chance of being accepted. 75%, 70% and 65% mortgages are all available with Lending Expert.

Before taking out an 80% mortgage, make sure to share the objectives with your mortgage advisor so that you can ensure that the mortgage suitably meets your requirements.

Lending Expert is a mortgage broker and can compare over 1,000 80% mortgage deals across the UK. Whilst high street banks will typically offer 80% mortgages too, we can help find the best option for you, with rates from 1.39% per month, whether you are looking for interest only, fixed, variable, tracker or have a bad credit history.

Start by clicking on ‘Check my Eligibility’ below and enter some basic details about you and your property, and Lending Expert will help you find the best 80% mortgage according to your requirements. 

 

Key Features 

  • Rates from 1.39% per month
  • Borrow up to £2 million
  • Loan Term – 1 to 25 years or upon request
  • Interest only, fixed, tracker mortgages available
  • Free tool to compare no deposit mortgages

 

Am I Eligible for an 80% LTV Mortgage?

  • Aged 25 to 85 years’ old
  • Minimum income of £25,000 per year
  • Minimum deposit 25% of overall property value
  • Good credit status 
  • Strong financial record (limited defaults, arrears)

 

The deposit required for an 80% mortgage is 20% of the property value.

Larger deposits will usually result in paying lower rates overall, since you have paid off and own more of the property. Putting down a higher deposit may also be a requirement for those individuals with limited financial records or weaker credit ratings.

 

How Do 80% Mortgages Work?

Getting an 80% mortgage means that you will borrow 80% of your property’s value from your lender and the other 20% you will give as a deposit. 

You will also be able to get an 80% mortgage if you already have 20% equity in your property. 

The deals for an 80% mortgage tend to be better as you have to borrow less money meaning interest rates can be lower. Use Lending Expert as your mortgage broker to find the best deal for your circumstances.

 

How Do I Compare 80% Mortgage Rates?

Working with a mortgage broker such as Lending Expert will help you find the best mortgage to suit your circumstances, without impacting your credit rating.

Contact us today to speak to an expert and start comparing 80% LTV mortgages.

 

What Are the Benefits of Getting an 80% LTV Mortgage?

There are many benefits to getting an 80% LTV mortgage instead of a higher percentage mortgage. These benefits include:

  • Lower Interest Rates – Giving a higher deposit when applying for a mortgage will always get you lower interest rates, an 80% mortgage is one of the highest deposits you could give and therefore interest rates are much lower than higher percentage mortgages. 
  • More Options Available To You – Not only do you get lower interest rates but you also will be able to choose from many more options than a higher percentage mortgage. You will have a larger selection of deals to compare from allowing you to truly find the best deal for you. 
  • Still Within Reach For First Time Buyers – Although an 80% mortgage requires a large deposit if you save for a long enough time then it is still accessible for first-time buyers, people who are remortgaging their property or people moving to a new home.

 

 

What Type of Mortgage Can I Have With an 80% Mortgage?

As you are giving a larger deposit with an 80% mortgage then there are more types of mortgages available to you. 

You will most likely be choosing from a number of mortgage types including:

  • Tracker Mortgages
  • Discounted Mortgages
  • Fixed Rate Mortgages

 

Do I Need Good Credit To Get an 80% Mortgage?

Although having good credit will make you more likely to be accepted for an 80% mortgage, Lending Expert can provide assistance to those with bad credit as well. 

It may be unlikely that you could afford a 20% deposit if you have bad credit, but talk to the experts at Lending Expert. Using Lending Expert as your mortgage broker will allow you to get the best deal for your financial circumstances, whether that be an 80% mortgage or otherwise! 

 

How Can I Improve My Chances of Getting an 80% Mortgage?

There are a few simple factors that can help improve your chances of getting a mortgage if you are using the 80% scheme:

  • Spend Wisely – Lenders will check your expenditure. If you have a fluctuating income and lots of spending, lenders will be deterred from allowing you to borrow.
  • Improve Your Credit Score – Having a good credit score is always an effective way to get into a lender’s good books. Paying off any outstanding bills is a good start. 
  • Save For A Deposit – A 20% deposit for an 80% mortgage can sometimes amount to a lot of money, saving for a deposit may take some time. Saving for a larger deposit can dramatically increase your chances of being accepted. 
  • Speak To The Experts – Here at Lending Expert we will provide the best quality service, taking the time to understand each individual’s circumstances. Speak to us today and get started on your 80% mortgage journey. 

 

What Areas of the UK Does Lending Expert Cover as an 80% Mortgage Broker?

We proudly offer 80% mortgages across the entire UK, including Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Newcastle, Sheffield and more.

 

Why Use Lending Expert As Your 80% Mortgage Broker?

Working with a number of high street banks and specialist mortgage lenders, Lending Expert has access to over 1,000 mortgage deals available. We’re in the perfect position to help you find the best rates and get approved.

Our eligibility checker is completely free to use and can provide an indicative quote, with no obligation. 

Founded in 2013, we have years of experience working in the secured loan and mortgage market and have helped thousands of customers to date. Our values have always been to find the right product for the right individual at the competitive rate. We are pleased to offer our services for you today!

Related Links

Compare Mortgages

Compare mortgages across the market with our expert advisors.

95% Mortgages

Get a mortgage with just a 5% deposit. Compare and get expert advisors online today.

90% Mortgages

Mortgages that require a 10% deposit at 90% loan to value. Expert mortgage comparison service and advice.

85% Mortgages

Compare mortgage rates at 85% LTV. Get expert advice from our no fees brokers.

80% Mortgages

Compare rates from 80% mortgages that require a 20% deposit. Get expert advice from our no fees brokers.

75% Mortgages

Search and compare mortgage rates from across the market.

70% Mortgages

Get expert mortgage advice and comparison service from our approved mortgage advisors.