We can now see at a glance the complete range mortgage from Platform. See their entire range of products side-by-side and use our comparison tools to compare the Platform mortgage range against other lenders witin the mortgage market. Use the search tools to change the results to meet your needs.
Products: Mortgage Lenders
Sorry, there are no products to display from this providerCompare Mortgages
About Platform Mortgages
Platform is part of The Co-Operative Bank. Platform does not deal with members of the general public. Instead, it provides mortgages via a network of intermediaries and mortgage brokers. Platform only does business with intermediaries who hold a Consumer Credit Licence. Brokers and other intermediaries must be authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.
There is a wide selection of Platform mortgages on offer via selected intermediaries. Platform provides mortgage products for mainstream borrowers. These include first time buyers and customers wishing to move home, customers looking to re-mortgage on a more competitive deal, and those who would like to borrow more money. First time buyers must have been employed for at least six months.
Platform mortgage products vary at any given time, but they usually have a good choice of fixed rate and tracker deals on offer. Funds from a re-mortgage can be used for home improvements, capital raising and debt consolidation, but the maximum loan to value will lessen depending on the purpose of the mortgage. The maximum amount that Platform will lend is £1 million.
Platform provides a range of mortgage solutions for intermediaries, solicitors, and public & current customers.
- Fixed Rate mortgages – your monthly repayments are fixed at a certain level for a specified period of time. At the end of the fixed rate period, your repayments will normally move on to a variable rate. Platform offers a range of 2, 3 and 5 year fixed rate mortgages.
- Tracker mortgages – Platform offers a selection of mortgages which track the Bank of England Base Rate for 2 years from opening.
- Let to buy mortgages - If you want to move house but you’re struggling to sell your current home, renting out your property could allow you to move into a new home without feeling pressure to sell. A let to buy mortgage can allow you to do this.
The Core Features of Platform Mortgages
- Cashback available on selected products
- Free standard legals for remortgage cases
- Maximum term of 40 years
- Borrowing up to £1 million
- No administrative fees
- Fixed and tracker rates available
Some Platform mortgage deals qualify for free arrangement fees, free legal advice and a free valuation. However, conditions will apply.
How does it work?
Platform Mortgages offers instant decisions on mortgage applications, even out of hours. The online application system is available 24/7 so customers don’t have to wait for days to hear whether their application has been successful. Use their Mortgage calculator or Buy to Let calculator to determine your eligibility and choose the best option.
Customers with a history of adverse credit, including CCJs, mortgage arrears, bankruptcy or IVAs will not be considered for a mortgage with Platform. Payment defaults in excess of £100 in the previous six years will also negatively impact on a mortgage application.
The Final Advice
Platform provides a wide range of competitive mortgage products. Specialist deals on offer include let to buy mortgages, which could be useful for those home movers who are having trouble selling their current property but want to move. Platform only works with professional mortgage advisers, so if you want to take out a Platform mortgage you will need to consult a mortgage broker.