Darlington Building Society Mortgages
Our mortgage comparison tools allow you to quickly compare all the mortgages from the Darlington Building Society. See their whole product range and compare the Darlington BS with other building societies, banks, and mortgage lenders with ease.
Products: Mortgage Lenders
Sorry, there are no products to display from this providerCompare Mortgages
Centred in Darlington, County Durham, Darlington Building Society is a relatively small, local, independent building society with ten locations across Durham, Teesside, and North Yorkshire. Darlington offers a range of financial services, including savings accounts, home insurance, and independent financial advice but here we’re going to take a closer look at their mortgages. Should potential homeowners consider Darlington Building Society for the loans they need?
A member of the Building Societies Foundation and British Bank Awards 2018 winner, Darlington Building Society prides itself on bringing value not just to their customers but to their local communities, with all 10 branches contributing to community funds and fundraising events. As a community-driven mutual society, Darlington has no shareholders and can invest more of the profits back into the business to offer members competitive deals. Despite its relatively small size, Darlington Building Society has been open since 1856 as an independent mutual the whole time, with high ratings for customer service and friendliness, as well as the expertise of the mortgage advisors helping customers with a thorough financial assessment.
Products & Features
With the help of the team’s expert mortgage advisors, first-time borrowers and returning customers can get plenty of help choosing the right mortgage for their needs. Here are some of the products that Darlington Building Society has to offer. Amongst their standard mortgages are:
- Fixed Rate Mortgages: A wide range of fixed rate mortgages, including a 5.1% APR for buyers contributing as little as 5% deposit. Other fixed rates for buyers providing a 20% mortgage can find APR of 4.1%, and remortgage deals with 4.6% interest.
- Variable Mortgages: These mortgages are available for loans covering up to 90% of the entire purchase price, with a standard variable APR of 5.9%.
- Discount Mortgages: These loans offer smaller payments, initially, with initial interest rates between 1.49% and 2.75%, all rising to a standard variable rate of 5.7% after two years.
Darlington Building Society also offers some specialist mortgages for borrowers not buying in the residential market:
- Buy-to-let mortgages: Potential landlords can take these loans out for up to three properties they intend to rent, with a 5.2% APR
- Self-build mortgages: These are specialist mortgages for borrowers intending to build their own home, made available through Darlington Building Society in partnership with BuildStore Mortgage Services.
The financial advisors on hand can prove particularly helpful when choosing the best possible mortgage for you. Another feature of note is the ability for existing customers to borrow up extra funding for home improvements, holiday homes, and other additional expenses. These loans can be taken out on up to 80% of your home value and paid out over the remaining term of your original mortgage.
With a wide range of competitive products (including some specialist loans), expert advice, flexible remortgaging deals and great customer service, Darlington Building Society has plenty to offer both new and existing customers. The level of personal service, coupled with the building society’s aim to look after the best interest of all members, instead of a board of shareholders, can make it particularly attractive compared to larger institutions.