Chorley Building Society Mortgages
Compare todays mortgage rates and deals from the Chorley Building Society. See their whole product range from tracker deals to buy to let mortgages covering both fixed and variable rates. Compare Chorley BS with other lenders to see who is offering the best and cheapest rates.
Products: Mortgage Lenders
Sorry, there are no products to display from this providerCompare Mortgages
Founded in 1859, the Chorley Building Society is the oldest institution of its kind in Lancashire. With three locations serving both Chorley and Leyland, its sole stated focus is to provide a solid foundation for the members of its local community. Chorley Building Society offers primarily two services: savings for its members and mortgages for homebuyers. If you’re in the Chorley area, why should you consider borrowing from this Society?
About Chorley Building Society Mortgages
Originally founded to help mill workers buy their homes, Chorley has remained committed to keeping traditional values in a modern world, offering mortgages that are simple yet flexible at the same time. As a keystone of the Chorley community, the Society regularly engages in fundraising, community activities, and collaboration with local charities and nonprofits. A great part of the Society’s focus is ensuring that the members of the society are heard from. Whether borrowing or saving through the Society, it encourages feedback, maintaining a priority of listening to member and customer needs and always acting in their best interest.
Products & features
Despite its relatively small size, Chorley Building Society offers an impressive selection of different loans to suit different uses. They are primarily split into categories of mortgages for new homebuyers and mortgages for existing buyers. Amongst the mortgages for homebuyers are the following:
- Standard variable rate mortgages: The rates of these loans vary based on the considerations of the Society’s Board of Directors, and if timed right, can offer significantly lower rates for loans with a loan-to-value of 90%, making homebuying more accessible for the average customer.
- Remortgages: These fee-assisted loans make it easier for customers to open another loan on a property, with a five-year discount serving as a good incentive for those considering moving their account from another mortgage provider.
- Fee assisted discount mortgages: These loans come with no application fee, making it even more accessible for first-time homebuyers.
Chorley Building Society also offers an impressive 3-year discounted rate on properties for mortgages with a loan-to-value ratio of 95%, currently only available to customers in North West, North East, and Yorkshire.
The Society’s products for existing customers include the following:
- Fixed rate mortgages: Loans with a set rate that remains fixed for two years, covering loan-to-value ratios of up to 80%.
- Discount mortgages: These loans offer significantly reduced rates for the first few years, with the discount applied across the rest of the loan term, making it easier for homeowners to set money aside for repairs and renovation.
- Buy-to-let: These loans, designed for those building their own home, come with a two-year long discount.
- Self-build loans: Provided in partnership with Buildloan, these loans offer to provide accessible funding for those building their own home.
True to the original aims of all institutions of its type, Chorley Building Society offers incredibly accessible loans in a variety of different products. There’s a lot of incentive for both new customers switching from other mortgage providers as well as existing customers who want to keep moving up the property ladder.