Professional Indemnity Insurance For Photographers
As a photographer you offer a very personal service and clients rely on you to provide them with the agreed goods. However, it is possible that things can go wrong and you fail to deliver on your promise or something may happen during the shoot that causes damage to a property or even an individual, you could even wipe your memory card clean, losing all the photographs that you have taken and therefore letting the client down – the list is endless.
If a claim is made against you, you could find yourself in difficulty from a financial perspective because the cost of defending all claims made against you as well as paying compensation could really hit you hard. A client can make a claim against you on the grounds of negligence, error or even omission or they can even make a false claim which will still cost you money to defend, this is why professional indemnity insurance for photographers is a crucial tool to have.
PI Insurance For Photographers
This type of insurance will offer you the protection you require so you can be sure that your finances will not be touched in the event of a claim. We can help you to find the policy that you need so that you are covered should the worst happen. All we need to do is ask you to fill in a questionnaire and then we will do the rest – finding you the right cover at the right price.
How does it work?
Working as a photographer means that you are often working with different clients in different environments and with this comes risks. There are many reasons why a client could claim against you but the important factor is that you are covered to defend such claims without having to cover the costs yourself. Professional indemnity insurance is different to other insurance because it works on a “ Claims Made” basis which means that you are covered for claims made against any work carried out during the dates that the policy was in place, even if it is months or years later, because sometimes it can take a while for problems to arise. This cover works by helping you to cover the costs of defending claims and paying compensation with all claims being fully assessed before any payments are made. This is an important insurance that your business can benefit from.
This cover has a number of brilliant features such as:
- From day one, your business will be covered against any claims made against you
- Claims are fully assessed to understand their credibility before a payment is released
- The policy lasts for one year
- Your business will instantly class this as one of the important running costs because of the security it offers
- All claims will be dealt with so you can have more time to spend on running your business
- Even claims made after the policy has ended will be covered, providing the claim relates to work carried out during the time the policy was in place
- The cover is created to suit your circumstances as well as your budget
- Costs related to court attendance are covered
- A range of payment options available
What are the benefits?