Professional Indemnity Insurance For Dentists
As a Dentist, your patients put their trust in you to carry out your job efficiently, effectively and to a high standard. However, it is possible for errors to be made which means that patients are likely to take legal action and sue for damages.
Therefore, it is a requirement for all dentists to have the correct and adequate professional Indemnity insurance in place so that they are protected should a claim be made against them.
We will ensure that you provide us with the correct information so that we can put the correct cover in place and because this can be set up at a monthly rate it means that you are fully aware of what you are paying.
PI Insurance For Denists
Professional indemnity insurance for dentists provides vital cover because it protects you financially, and should your client suffer from negligence, omission or an error then this will ensure that your business can deal with any costs that are incurred when defending yourself or paying any form of compensation.
As you are an expert then you need to have this cover in place because you are dealing with people’s lives which means that one simple error could lead to life-changing problems for your clients meaning that professional indemnity insurance has never been more important.
How does it work?
As you provide a service you have to have professional indemnity insurance in place and because it is completely possible for you to make an error it could prove costly for your clients in many different ways. This is an insurance that is also known as “Claims Made” insurance and any claims made should link to the period in which the cover was effective. This type of cover will give you the reassurance you need as it gives you protection against any claims made by your clients that are linked to negligence or error on your part. Professional indemnity insurance will allow your business to operate in its usual manner as any costs that are linked to your defence along with payments associated to compensation will be covered by this insurance.
The features that come with professional indemnity insurance are as follows:
- It provides complete protection for you and your business, ensuring that you are protected from the expensive cost of defending yourself of paying compensation
- There will be no money released to make the payment if a claim is made against you until accountability of the claimant has been completely understood
- Usually, protection will last for one year and it offers various forms of cover
- It will instantly become a crucial part of your running cost and your usual business methods as it is an important tool to have
- All costs will be covered when the time arises for you to defend yourself or pay compensation
- For the duration of cover, the policy is written on a “Claims Made” basis. This will ensure that the cover is given to you for the timeframe that policy is in place, should the worst happen and a claim is filed against you
- Indemnity is available in different amounts
- Document loss is covered
- Court attendance costs are paid for
- Payment options are available
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits that come with this cover:
- This cover will give you comfort in the knowledge that your business follows all rules and regulations
- There is no need to stress over defending any claim made against you as this cover helps to deal with that
- All costs will be taken care of should your client be awarded any form of compensation by the courts or arbitrators
- Defending claims will be a lot easier as this will help to ease the financial burden, even is the claim comes with no real support
- Having the best advice and representation is crucial you should you need it. This cover will provide all of this
- Your business can run normally if a claim against you is made, this ensures that your business will not suffer from any form of financial set-back
- Looking professional and reliable is key in business which is why this cover will provide your clients with reassurance
- Monthly payments are set at a fixed amount