Income Protection That Covers Pregnancy
You will receive the same level of cover providing you were in active employment prior to your leave. You will also be covered while on maternity/paternity leave. Income Protection while pregnant will help you relax at a stressful time as you will have this policy acting as a financial safety net because percentage of your income will be protected while you are unable to work.
The majority of people that have Income Protection in place set up a payment order to begin once their sick pay or any other insurance policy they may have in place come to an end. This ensures that you are not financially exposed at any point.
Income protection that covers your pregnancy
The policy will remain in place for the duration of your pregnancy. After this period, income protection will still be available to you but the policy may change as you are no longer pregnant, however, you will then be covered if you are unable or unfit to work due to sickness, ill health, injury or involuntary redundancy.- So why not consider an income protection policy today?
How Does It Work?
If you have Income Protection while pregnant and are unable to work, providing you have been in active employment prior to becoming pregnant you would be covered. If you make a claim, the benefit amount would only be released to you once the waiting period known as the deferred period has come to an end. The monies released to you would then be paid regularly and completely tax free. This will then give you peace of mind should you be worried about paying bills such as your mortgage and any other outstanding payments.
There are a number of features associated with Income Protection while pregnant, and these include:
- You will be covered should you be unable to work while pregnant, giving you peace of mind
- The policy provides you with a tax free benefit amount, paid regularly
- You will also be covered while on maternity/paternity
- Completely covered while pregnant giving you total confidence in the policy
What Are The Benefits?
There are numerous benefits that come with Income Protection while pregnant, these include the following;
- The policy will provide you with financial support if you are unable to work while pregnant
- Peace of mind for you, the policy holder to know that your income is protected and the important bills can still be paid
- A claim can be made as many times as you wish providing the claim is valid
- The benefit amount released will be paid on a regular basis and is tax free